Having trouble figuring out what to bring? Here’s a list of Do’s and Don’ts to bring with you to camp. Don’t worry though, if you forget something, the counselors are here to help you out!
Things to bring:
1. CLOTHES & TOILETRIES:
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo/conditioner, soap, comb/brush
- Clothes for 8 days: pants, shorts, shirts, long sleeve shirts, light jacket (just in case the mornings are chilly)
- Sheets (twin XL size, fitted), pillow, sleeping bag/blanket(s)
- Slippers, socks, tennis shoes/sneakers (required)
- Party clothes for the dance party
- Bathing suits
(If you aren’t sure, you can always take a look through last year’s pictures to see what the other campers wore.)
2. RECREATION (OPTIONAL)
- Board games, playing cards, etc.
3. MISCELLANEOUS (OPTIONAL)
- Alarm clock
- Insect repellent
- Night light
- Blow dryer
- Chinese Yo-yos/Diabolos (and sticks)
- Feminine hygienic products (counselors will have some just in case)
Things not to bring:
- Do not bring electronic video games. Camp is to make new friends and you can play your video games at home. This includes DSes, PSPs, iPods, etc.
- Wushu/martial arts weapons
- Anything unnecessary that risks being stolen, such as toys, trading cards, etc.
- Please be certain to have your name on all of your items. Each camper is responsible for all personal items. Keep extra money secured.
- We do not recommend campers bring more than a few dollars to camp. The only time you will use money is for snacks at the vending machines
- Campers are allowed to call parents at night with a cell phone, but shouldn’t bring it with them to class.